The project BalticMuseums 2.0 is a project completed in 2012. One of the most important products of the project is an information platform (Online Information Platform) of the Baltic oceanographic museums developed in collaboration with six centers of science and education in the countries of the Southern Baltic Sea. Information has been translated into 6 languages, in order to reach the largest number of foreign customers.
Partners had been working on a joint promotion and online ticket sales system. Another product is a virtual tours to the NMFRI Gdynia Aquarium, Lithuanian Sea Museum of Klaipeda, the German Oceanographic Museum in Stralsund and the World Ocean Museum in Kaliningrad. During the project a prototype eGuide device was prepared. Electronic guidance system was developed in the continuation of the project - BalticMuseums 2.0 Plus.
During the cooperation partners had also prepared a special page devoted to children interested in the sea, so-called "Kids Zone".
Cooperation is to raise the attractiveness of the partners' museums abroad, thus improving the development of local tourism.
- University of Stralsund , Stralsund , Germany,
- University of Szczecin , Szczecin, Poland,
- German Oceanographic Museum , Stralsund , Germany,
- NMFRI Gdynia Aquarium, Gdynia, Polska,
- Lithuanian Sea Museum , Klaipeda, Lithuania,
- Museum of the World Ocean , Kaliningrad , Russia.